20 February 2009

The HICCUPotamus - a FABULOUS Children's book

This is one of my favorite kid's books. It is marvelously illustrated, and has terrific rhymes. They may not all be words, but it is fun enough to want to read it over and over again.

I find this book to be perfect for kids of ALL ages (including adult), and love it because hiccups are spontaneous. They come spontaneously, and they leave just as quickly. This book is about a little hippopotamus and his friends and how they discover hiccups. I love the full color illustrations and the fact that each little character has so much personality.

One of my favorite features of this book is the character sketches at the end - I'm sure those are meant for the Adult kids reading this book... they make me laugh every time.

I give this book a 10 - meaning that it was a must have on my shelf to read over and over and over again - from the first time I read it.

The HICCUPotamus, by Aaron Zenz can be found at Scholastic book fairs around the country.

Word of caution: reading the book may very well cause the reader to develop a bad case of the hiccups themselves. Read with caution...

1 comment:

Scribbit said...

It sounds wonderful and I'd never heard of it before!