12 July 2011

Forgettable Dates

A couple of weeks ago, my dear friend Jill asked a question about dates on her blog. Her question was along the lines of "what do you do on a date with your significant other - what has been your favorite date - how do you make time for yourself?"

I have an answer to the first question. It's more than likely NOT going to make it on the list of favorites. How do I know this when I have yet to GO on the date? Simple. I have to have a root canal. My significant other has to have his teeth cleaned. We scheduled them so that they are concurrent with each other. His will be, undeniably more pleasant than mine. I've never had a root canal. I'm not looking forward to it.

Our last date was also to the dentist. It's also not on the list of favorites. It ended with me sitting in the dentist's chair for what was supposed to be a 1 hour cleaning for a total of 3 hours. Now. Before you go judging me for poor dental habits, I have to clarify a couple of things. I have, in the past, in the recent past, not had good dental habits. I now brush AND floss at least 3 times daily. Secondly, I haven't been to the dentist in several years. Moving lots does that to you. Spending the majority of the last 5 years pregnant also does that to you. Being pregnant leaches calcium that would ordinarily go to your teeth... it's killer all around. So...

Lucky me, I get another date with my husband... to the dentist. Maybe this time he'll buy me that lunch he promised last time..... I think I want a milkshake.

No comments: